Closing date: Monday 3rd December 2018
We are a warm and welcoming school and are looking to recruit two teaching assistants to join our hardworking and dynamic team. We are in an exciting phase where we are expanding to a one and half form entry school as well as introducing 30 hours provision in our Nursery and as such, our team is growing.
1 X Teaching Assistant for 15 hours Monday-Friday 9:00-12:00 to support in our KS2 team. KS2 experience is not essential, but desirable. (December start)
1 X Teaching Assistant for 20 hours Monday-Friday 11:30-15:30 to join our EYFS team to support us in offering 30 hours provision. (January start)
Please indicate on your application whether you are applying for the KS2 or the EYFS role.
We are looking for someone with:
- An ability to inspire others and promote a love of learning.
- Promote high standards and expectations in all areas.
- Knowledge and understanding of excellent teaching and learning practices.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Experience of leading an area of the curriculum.
- A minimum Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification (or working towards)
We can offer you:
- A welcoming, friendly, inclusive school with happy, confident children who enjoy learning and achieve well.
- A talented, dedicated, progressive and innovative staff.
- An opportunity to develop middle and further leadership skills.
- A supportive and dedicated Leadership Team and Governing Body
We would warmly encourage you to visit our school and would ask that you contact Mrs Edgar/Mrs Judd on 01924 303680 or via email at email@example.com to book a visit.
If you are interested in the position or visiting the school please contact the school office for an application form by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Friday 23rd November 2018.
Interview: Wednesday 28th November 2018.
Our school is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare and expect all staff and volunteers to share this responsibility.
We are a warm and welcoming school and are looking to recruit a Midday Supervisor to join our hardworking and dynamic team. We are in an exciting phase where we are expanding to a one and half form entry school and as such, our team is growing. Full training will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To supervise children during meal breaks and to cut up food where appropriate.
- To supervise queues waiting to enter the dining areas.
- To supervise children during meal breaks to ensure their welfare and safety is utmost and that good conduct is maintained at all times.
- To supervise all areas both inside and outside where pupils congregate during lunch time.
- To check that all pupils return to their classrooms.
- To report all accidents to the Headteacher/ Class Teacher/ Senior Supervisor.
- To ensure that persons on the premises who are not pupils are authorised.
- To refer any cases of unacceptable behaviour to the Headteacher/ Senior Supervisory Assistant.
- Supervise children when washing hands prior to the meal being eaten and assist children to put their coats
- Ensuring children's plates are clean and neatly stacked away.
- Cleaning up spillages within the dining area.
- Attend to children who are ill during lunch time - as and when required.
- Report any problems to Senior Supervisor/ Headteacher.
Essential to the post:
- Willingness to participate in the development and training of pupils
- Basic Numeracy/ Literacy Skills
- Appropriate knowledge of First Aid
- Communication Skills
- Team Working Skills & Supervisory Skills
- Caring Skills
- Very high levels of concentration & alertness required. Very high levels of emotional demands
- Decision making when to intervene to prevent children injuring themselves or others
In return Newton Hill Community School can offer you
- A friendly and inclusive school
- Hardworking, professional and supportive staff and governors
- Motivated, enthusiastic teachers with a real sense of team work
- Appropriate training and development
- Well behaved, friendly children who are eager to learn
Closing date: Monday 3rd December
Interview: Friday 7th December
Please email email@example.com for an application pack.
Our school is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare and expect all staff and volunteers to share this responsibility