Physical Education Vision & Aims
Newton Hill Community School
Physical Education Position Statement
PE is a crucial to pupils’ physical and emotional development and health. Here at Newton Hill Community School we provide children with engaging, accessible and challenging PE lessons, where each child can reach their full potential. We aim to foster enthusiasm and enjoyment of PE and Sports from Early Years to Year 6. We also want to leave our children actively wanting to take part in Sport, PE and have a good attitude to Health and Well-Being.
- Using the framework and programme of study of the National Curriculum
- Employment of specialist sports coaches to deliver sessions and teacher CPD
- Teaching children fundamental movement skills
- Encouraging pupils to adopt active and healthy lifestyles
- Taking part in competitive games and tournaments, both intra and inter-school
- Participation in West Yorkshire Schools Games events/competitions
- Enabling the less able pupils to reach realistic goals
- Identifying those pupils who are ‘gifted and talented’ and maximising their potential
- Providing a range of opportunities and clubs for children to experience different sports and activities.