Curriculum Provision at Newton Hill EYFS to Year 6
Our Curriculum at Newton Hill Community School
The curriculum at Newton Hill is organised around topics / themes that make it engaging for the pupils. We believe in ‘wow’ starts to topics and may use visits and visitors to hook the children into their learning.
The core subjects of English and Maths are taught daily but links to the other subjects are forged where appropriate. Pupils will practise their English and Maths skills in the other subjects. This helps us to assess their learning as it shows they can apply the skills taught in other areas.
We are continuing to develop our curriculum in 2020/2021.
Please find below the curriculum plans for our school.
For this academic year (2020/2021) we are teaching Cycle A.
- Autumn - Reception (Homes and Families overview)
- Spring - Reception (Ahoy Captain overview)
- Summer - Reception (Minibeasts and Growth)
- A - Autumn - Year 1 and 2 Gunpowder Plot Overview
- A - Spring - Year 1 and 2 Australia Overview
- A - Summer - Year 1 and 2 Titanic Overview
- B - Autumn - Year 1 and 2 GFoL Overview
- B - Spring - Year 1 and 2 Wonderful Weather Overview
- B - Summer - Year 1 and 2 Our School Overview
- A - Year 5 and 6 Egyptians Overview
- A - Year 5 and 6 Extreme Environments Overview
- A - Year 5 and 6 Mayans Overview